THANGASSERY LIGHT HOUSE
It was the British East India Company which built this light house at Thangassery in the year 1902. It has a height of 44 metres and is a major landmark at the beach. It is a tower with double balcony and lantern with a marking pattern of red and white diagonal stripe on it. The lens used in the lighthouse has a range of 26 nautical miles (around 48 km). It is the tallest lighthouse on the Kerala coast. Nearby there is a fishing harbor which was partially commissioned during 2001. It consists of a main breakwater of 2100m across the sea. It is magnificent to watch the sea from the breakwater here.